Yes for Sahuarita Schools
In November, local residents will be asked to support Propositions 451 and 452, two Sahuarita Unified School District (“SUSD”) proposed budget measures.
Here are some quick facts about the measures:
- The passage of Proposition 451, a Capital Override, would provide the district $1 million each year for the next 7 years.
- Important improvements funded by the passage of the Override, Proposition 451, would include:
- $275,000 for Major Facility Repairs/Improvements
- $200,000 for Instructional Technology/Resources
- $350,000 for Buses/Student Transportation
- $100,000 for Fine Arts/Athletic Equipment
- $75,000 for needed Classroom Furniture and Equipment.
- The passage of Proposition 452 would result in a $25 million bond for a new K-8 school as well as new classrooms on the main campus (by replacing old portable buildings on the main campus.)
- The planned site for the new school would be within Rancho Sahuarita, south of the Sahuarita Town Center along the future extension of Rancho Sahuarita Blvd.
Superintendent, Dr. Valenzuela commented on the planned school site in Rancho Sahuarita saying, “The Sahuarita School District is grateful for the generous offer from our partners at the Rancho Sahuarita Company to donate land for our next K-8 school. Pending the needed financing, we look forward to working collaboratively in planning and building a quality and student centered facility that will serve this community for generations to come. Together, we will continue to make a difference!”
According to officials at the district, passage of Proposition 451 would cost the owner of a $100,000 home (taxable value), $2.83 per month, or about $34 a year. The passage of Proposition 452, on the other hand, would cost the same homeowner approximately $9.66 per month, or about $116 per year.