2017: A New Year – A New You!
With the New Year upon us, it’s a great time to concentrate on making positive changes to better your life and the lives of others. That’s why it is great to make New Year’s resolutions. But sometimes, keeping those resolutions can prove a little challenging. Here are are some tips to help you keep those promises, and turn a resolution for the New Year into a lifestyle change for a new life!
- Choose more than 1 resolution. Don’t limit yourself to just one goal, but instead push yourself and set your personal bar high. At the same time, be sure to limit the list to things you know you can handle, instead of being unrealistic and risk setting yourself up for disappointment.
- Share your resolutions with those around you. By telling other people about your goals, you will likely feel more motivated to stick to them and reach your goal.
- If you have made a New Year’s resolution to get more active, spend more time outside, lose weight, or try something new, Rancho Sahuarita’s Health and Wellness program is a great place to start. We offer a ton of free activities, classes and events that residents can use to maximize their health.
- Put little reminders all around the house for yourself. They will help you stay on track. Post them on the refrigerator, pantry door, or bathroom mirror; and make them a daily reminder on your phone.
- Be sure to make resolutions that you really want. Be sure it is something that you feel is true to your own values, and something that will be better for your mind, body or soul. It’s tough to keep to self improvements when you are making them for other people and not yourself. Focus on a new you for the new year!
- Create milestones. Each milestone you reach will remind you that you are another step closer to reaching your goal. This will give you the motivation you need to get started and to keep going!
- Give yourself small rewards. While achieving your milestones, reward yourself with a little something special, but don’t go crazy because you still have a goal to meet. Be realistic and fair with yourself.
- Don’t forget to have fun with it! Enjoy the process of reaching your goals. If you don’t let yourself have fun while working towards your goals, it will be hard to find the motivation to keep going. And remember you are doing this to better yourself!