Stay Healthy: Protein Energy Bite Recipe from the Health and Wellness Team
Want an easy, delicious and nutritious snack that will fuel you and your family? Check out this recipe for Protein Energy Bites, straight from the Health and Wellness Team.
You’ll need: (*Makes approximately 35-40 Energy Bites*)
- 2 Cups all-natural or Super Chunk Skippy peanut butter
- (Optional) 1 to 2 Scoops of Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1.5 to 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (Let’s Do Organic Brand)
- A tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1 to 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 2-4 coconut milk, or almond milk if necessary
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, raw honey and vanilla extract.
- Then stir in your oats, protein powder coconut and sea salt until well incorporated and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- If your “dough” doesn’t hold together well when pressed into balls, add a tiny bit more peanut butter or coconut/almond milk. Just be sure to only add a teaspoon at a time until it all holds together well when squeezed into a ball – you don’t want to make the mixture too wet. (*NOTE: This is not an especially “doughy” mixture, almost more crumbly. So you’ll need to squeeze the bites together pretty well to get them to hold together.)
- Form one inch balls by pressing about 1 tablespoon of the mixture together in your hands. We used a Tablespoon cookie scoop to get nice even balls.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated for 1 week; if they stick around that long! ENJOY!